Monday, February 9, 2009

Finally....job stability..

So..many of you know that after I got sick about a year ago I left a great job at the City of Safford...and during my recovery time we lived off our savings. Since then I have explored some business opportunities that seemed good at the time but unfortunatley with the present economy did not pan out. So...Jami and I made the tough decision to leave are house and home in Thatcher, AZ and move to my hometown of Sierra Vista, AZ where there are many jobs opportunities. As luck would have it we have been here for less than a month when a family friend who mentioned an opening with his Defense Contractor company and told me to email him my Resume' which I did. Well we did not hear anything for 3 weeks, so I took a part time job as a sales associate for Sunglass Hut at the Mall in Sierra Vista. Well, luck would strike again because the day after I started in the Mall I recieved and Email stating that the Project Manager for the company would like to interview first thing the next Morning. So, the next day at 9am i showed and interviewed with the PM and the division manager of a Company called ILEX. This company is the 6 largest Defense and Aerospace support contractor in the world. I interviewed to be a Finance Administrator. It must have been a good interview because the next day...less than 24 hours later I was called in to pick up and sign an official offer letter. Talk about blessings!!!! I am now doing all the finalizing on paper work and hoping that all the background and security checks go through. It is a huge weight off Jami's and my shoulders to know that we will once again have a guaranteed income, good benefits, and stability once again!!!! And yes, this means that once again Jami and Kason will be spoiled and pampered beyond belief...in moderation of course! HA.....if i could only say no!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Kam! I'm glad things are going well for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete